LyricFind is a rapidly growing digital music company focusing on the licensing and use of song lyrics in the digital world. Our clients include companies like Amazon, Google, Billboard, Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, and many more.
As we grow, we are looking to add an experienced accountant to our finance team in Toronto.
This is a part-time position working from our office at Yonge & Eglinton in Toronto, ON with a potential for a full-time position in the future.
Working for LyricFind comes with many perks, including:
- Great health and dental benefits covering pretty much everything (yes, including massages!)
- A young, dynamic team.
- A pool table in the office.
- Quarterly company lunches and outings.
- Unlimited free coffee and drinks (mochaccino, cappuccino, espresso, etc.)
- Snacks in the office!
- Three weeks vacation, plus bonus days like New Year's Eve and Christmas Eve.
- Convenient, subway-accessible office right at Yonge & Eglinton.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reporting and support to the Financial Controller, assisting in full cycle accounting functions as follows:
- Enter and Record day-to-day transactions in QuickBooks
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Activity
- Credit Card Activity
- Manage Accounts Receivable
- Prepare Accounts Receivable transactions in in-house admin system
- Create and record Monthly Invoices
- Record Payments received from clients
- AR Collection
- Advise management of past-due payments and red flag receivables
- Make bank deposits as needed
- Prepare Accounts Payable payment-run on weekly basis, send out remittance to vendors and record in QuickBooks
- Complete month-end and year-end reconciliation for accounts, including all bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Other duties, ad hoc projects and administrative support, as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting and/or enrollment in a CPA program and/or Minimum 5 years work experience in bookkeeping or accounting role
- Must have high attention to detail and high accuracy in numbers
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, an asset
- Highly organized
- Ability to prioritize work with tight deadlines
- Experience working in a multicurrency environment, an asset
- Ability to work independently, anticipate upcoming work needs based on routine and schedule
- Excellent oral communication and written skills in English
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as autonomously
- Proficient using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Does this position sound like a good fit for you? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re the ideal candidate.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
LyricFind is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. LyricFind does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.