Happy New Year, everyone!
As we continue to grow, we continue to expand our Content Team to grow our lyrics database – the highest quality lyrics database in the world. We’re adding at least three new team members, including specialists in French and Spanish.
The full job posting is below. Come join our team!
CONTENT TEAM – ENGLISH, FRENCH & SPANISH
LyricFind is a young, fast-growing digital music company focusing on the licensing and use of song lyrics in the digital world. Our clients include companies like Microsoft, Lyrics.com, Rhapsody, Shazam, Slacker, Kazaa, Virgin, and more, including LyricFind’s own highly successful iPhone and Android applications, LyricFind Lite and LyricFind Pro.
LyricFind is looking to add to our Content Team, effective immediately. This is a full time position working from our office at Yonge & Eglinton in Toronto. Duties include:
- Transcribing lyrics
- Editing and correcting existing lyrics in the LyricFind database
- Coordinating license clearances with The Harry Fox Agency and other publishers to ensure lyric availability
- Coordinating with clients and music publishers for specific lyric requests
- Researching popular music to prioritize additions
- Researching publisher ownership to aid in licensing targeting
The ideal candidate is fluent in English (or French or Spanish, as the case may be) with excellent grammar and spelling, and a fast typist. Bonus points for fluency in other languages, particularly Italian and German.
Working for LyricFind comes with lots of perks, including:
- Full benefits
- A young, dynamic team
- A pool table and dart board in the office
- A free, all-you-can-eat streaming account with Rhapsody
- Frequent company lunches and movie days
- Three weeks vacation, plus bonus days like New Year’s Eve and Christmas Eve
- Flexible work hours
- Convenient, subway-accessible office at Yonge & Eglinton
To apply, send your resume and anything else you think we should know to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line whether you are applying to English, French, or Spanish (or more than one). Obviously, you should be fluent in French or Spanish to apply to those positions!