API suite provides faster response times, increased functionality, and LyricFind Top 25 Charts
December 6, 2010 – Today at SF MusicTech, LyricFind, the world’s leader in legal lyric solutions, announced that it has launched LyricFind Web Service v2.0. The API suite now offers LyricFind clients faster response times, improved search capabilities, and new metadata and lyric chart options. These upgrades allow clients to easily and seamlessly integrate lyric content into their websites and mobile applications, giving clients more options to search for song lyrics so they can find exactly what tracks they want to hear, sing along with, or purchase.
LyricFind Web Service v2.0 has five APIs, which are available in both Basic and Premium versions. Premium incorporates Rovi’s All Music Guide (AMG) data access, providing more robust search and display capabilities.
- Search Lyrics: Enhanced for faster responses on a wider range of criteria, such as artist, song title, album, and words within song lyrics from LyricFind’s database of millions of titles.
- Lyric Display: Full display of lyrics with associated artist, track and album information.
- Metadata: Provides access to track level data and track listings. For example, this API can retrieve a list of all available lyrics by a particular artist, or retrieve track-level data (such as a snippet, artist and song name.
- LyricFind Charts: A new API, providing charts of the top LyricFind 25 artists and lyrics across the LyricFind ecosystem.
- Lyric Submission: This API provides capability for end users to update lyrics information. All submitted lyric data is then verified by LyricFind’s content team before it is added to the database.
Companies that are interested in incorporating LyricFind Web Service v2.0 into their sites can email email@example.com or call 323-275-1163.
LyricFind is the world’s leader in legal lyric solutions. Officially launched in 2004, the company provides millions of licensed tracks from over 2,000 music publishers, including all four majors – EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing Group, Warner/Chappell Music Publishing, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing – to clients including Microsoft’s Bing, Rhapsody, Lyrics.com, Slacker, Shazam, Virgin Media UK, Cox Radio, mSpot, and more than 1,000 other web sites and mobile applications that use LyricFind to offer lyrics in their music services. In addition, LyricFind offers two direct to consumer mobile applications, LyricFind Lite and LyricFind Pro for the iPhone, iPad, and Android platforms. LyricFind is proudly based in Toronto, Canada. www.lyricfind.com